Darknights Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darknights Challenge

(This thread is only open for Mistery to post)

On an early wonderful sunny morning Mystery was sleeping in her room at GamersHood Hotel, when suddenly the phone rang. She opened her eyes, tried to grab the phone, but pushed it accidently on the floor. She was too tired to see well, but finally managed to answer: "Yeeees?". A whispering voice replied: "Mystery, it's me, Darknight. Sorry to wake you up, but... We got a problem here." The alien got very alerted, since her Perfect Friend's voice was so strange: "What problem?", she asked, but the voice just said: "I can't tell about it by phone, you have to come to me, you know where I am, right?" "Yes, you are in the..." "Ssshhhht, don't say anything. Come and knock three times the sequence for S.O.S.", and the bat hung up.
    Mystery quickly took a shower, dressed in a black suit to match the secrecy in Darknights voice, and sneaked down to the door of the Secret Basement. She knocked at the door ...---... ...---... ...---..., then suddenly the door opened very slightly, a hand grabbed her, and she was pulled inside. The door was quickly closed again. The basement was dark, only some torches were burning. Mystery stared at Darknight: "Is this the appropriate welcome for your Perfect Friend?", she asked. Darknight explained: "No, usually not. But we have an emergency. I was flying around a bit as every morning before sunrise, and when I came back, an envelope was nailed to the entrance door of the hotel. I took it, came down here and read it. And... it's not good news." He took a letter out of the envelope, and handed it to the alien. Mystery read the lines, frowned, and glanced at her Perfect Friend: "Oh, that's... OMB!", she then dropped the letter on the floor, which contained the following message:

<<This is a first and last warning! Your cat friend has peeped on us at a very unfavorable moment. Do not search for her, she won't return to you. And if anybody dares to continue spying, you will have to face worse consequences! Keep out Slurp Spider Island! The Slurp Spider King.>>

----------> To be continued

"Do you have any plan yet?", Mystery asked, but Darknight shook his head. "No, not yet. We must save BatCat, that is clear. But I don't know yet how. I think that I will fly above Slurp Spider Island first and see if I can detect something that might help us." The alien agreed but wanted to know if they should share the bad news with the other loonies. However, Darknight was not fond of the idea to tell the others about it. "No, you know them. They are so... let's say chaotic, and this is now a really serious case. If they knew about it, we would have a mess, and I'm afraid that BatCat's life would be in danger even more. If... she.... is still... alive.", the bat wiped his eyes, but braced himself. The alien asked: "Okay, you will do first a general operation from above. And then? What can I do?", and Darknight answered: "We will see. You can help me to make a logical plan as soon as we know more. And maybe some of your devices can be useful to save her." Having said that, Darknight left Mystery in the Secret Basement, left the hotel, and lifted up to the air.

Slurp Spider Island was some distance away, but the hero was driven by anxiety, and so he arrived to the island within a short while. He looked down, and saw a fortress in the middle of the island on a hill, covered with a thick spider web. On the eastern part, the ground looked red, while on the southern part some very strange objects stood side by side. The western part was covered by a big forest, and the northern area seemed to be the commercial center, and also the harbor was to see there. The fortress looked quiet, but Darknight didn't dare to get too close to the island, and so he wasn't able to see details. He took some pictures from above, and decided to fly back to GamersHood Planet.

Meanwhile Mystery got very hungry, and entered the bar, where Doglover, Adventure, Lilliputt, lili, and Themepark were already eating breakfast according to their individual taste. Doglover enjoyed fried chicken, Adventure ate a nectar soup, Lilliputt of course was having some carrots, lili - in her strange habit for flowers - ate cinammon rolls, and Sir Theme was enjoying rice pudding with some drops of oil. Suddenly everybunny stared at Mystery, who was looking very strange in that black suit. Usually the alien preferred more joyful colors. Mystery joined the group and ordered, like many times since she had stopped eating cats, scrambled eggs with toast, and a huge cup of coffee with much cat hair. Then she looked around, and greeted her kids and friends. She tried to look happy while she felt very worried about BatCat. Her breakfast arrived, but when she saw the cat hair on top of her coffee, she almost started to cry. She quickly stood up and ran up to her room.

---------------> To be continued
    Last edited by Mistery; 12-09-2006, 22:17:27.

Comment

The small group at the bar was very vonfused. Mystery had never been seen in a black suit, and it was not her habit to run away before even starting her breakfast. What was going on, they asked themselves. Since they didn't understand this behavior at all, they decided to go up to Mystery's room, and see if she was okay. They took the elevator, and soon they were knocking at the door of the aliens room.
      Mystery froze when she realised that the others had followed her, and had to think about a plan, since she was not in the state to meet them at that moment. She quickly beamed down one of her clones, and checked if it had not yet updated itself with the bad news. Fortunately its memory didn't contain the latest developments, so Mystery took off her black suit and told the clone to put it on. She quickly dressed in her pyjama, and hid in a closet.
      Outside, the group was yelling already: "Myyyyysteryyyy, ooooopen the dooooor!!!" The clone opened the door and asked: "Sorry, I had to answer a message from my hubby. How can I help you?" Just at that moment, Slimy Jim rushed into the room and seemed to be very alerted: "Stay away from Mystery!!! Grandma, what's wrong? Why is everybody trying to break your door?", and pulled out his handgun. The group immediately lay down on the floor to avoid the gun, but Sir Theme looked at his son very vonfused. "Dear son, how often have I told you that a gun is not a toy? Don't swing it around when you are among your friends." Slimy Jim blushed and put the gun back. The clone turned to Slimy Jim and explained: "They had been knocking at my door, but since I was answering a message from grandpa, I wasn't able to open the door immediately. And our friends were thinking that I didn't hear them. Don't worry, everything is all right."
      Doglover, Adventure, Lilliputt and lili were still in a shock, but managed to get up very slowly. They had still troubles breathing, and so Sir Theme got an air tank and oxygen masks for the four loonies. As soon as everybunny seemed to be okay, the clone asked again: "So, how can I help you?" Doglover immediately pointed the important question to the clone: "Mystery, why are you wearing a black suit?", and the clone answered: "Oh, yes. Well, Darknight is teaching me some batish culture, and he promised me to show me how to hide in the shadow. But he told me that I had to wear something dark for this occasion. So I went to the shop here, and bought the suit. And I was just trying it on.", and the clone smiled. But Doglover was not content with the answer: "But trying it on, or walking around in it, are different things. Why did you come to the bar in that suit? Spilling coffee on a new suit... Pffffft!!!" And Lilliputt asked: "And why have you run away just when your breakfast arrived?" The clone had to think about an answer, since it had no knowledge about the things that had happened before it was beamed down. "Well, I tried it on, then got very hungry, and I wanted to see if it still fitted after an enormous meal. But then I was notified that an important message arrived." The loonies found this a rather strange argumentation, but they were already used to such alienish explanations.
      At this moment, Darknight rushed into the room, and whispered to the clone: "Mystery, I got some information.", and pulled it out of the room. The loonies wanted to follow them, but the hero told them, that it was just some information about batish culture for Mystery. Adventure decided to make herself fresh, the lillies were up to go outside to enjoy the sun and blossom together, Doglover planned to look for her sister, and Sir Theme wanted to talk with his son about this embarrassing incident once more.
      Mystery - still in the closet - had heard everything that had happened. And she froze at the thought that it was her clone who was on its way to the Secret Basement with Darknight.

----------->To be continued

Comment

Mystery had to find a way to take the clone's place. She thought about a plan, and contacted Lilliputt, who was still blossoming with lili in the garden next to the hotel.
        "Yes?", asked Lilliputt.
        "Hi Lilli, I need your help.", the alien replied.
        "What? Da alien needs the help of the illogical Carrot Islander? How strange, hahaha."
        "Lilli, there is no time for such childish behavior. I'm in Darknights room, and he has just gone to the restroom, so he can be back in any moment. Okay, listen. We have been talking about batish culture. He told me that in his culture, it is common to stare at the wall on Mondays. But he also said that he found it very boring. Well, it's Monday, and he seemed to be very frustrated. And so I had the idea of beaming down some heroish pictures of him, and decorate the wall. I try to make the ritual of staring at the wall on Mondays a little more enjoyable for him. But I need somebunny who can get him out of here, and keep him busy for 5 minutes. Can you please do me this favor?", Mystery explained.
        Lilliputt thought about it for a moment and then she answered: "Ah, a surprise for our hero? Of course, no problem. Don't worry, I'll keep him busy." The Carrot Islander then called Darknight. The hero just arrived in his Secret Basement, and picked up the phone. "Hi dear hero, can you come to the bar, please?", Lilliputt asked. But an impatient voice answered: "Lilli, this is not the right moment." "I know.", Lilliputt answered, "I can wait two minutes, no problem. Take your time, dear hero. But I need your advice, it is very urgent. I'll wait in the bar, see you in two minutes.", and she hung up.
        Darknight didn't want to be impolite, so he decided to go quickly to the bar, give Lilliputt the advice that she needed, and to return to his batcave in a short while. So he entered the bar, where the Carrot Islander was waiting, and sat down.
        "How can I help you?", he asked.
        "Well, you know, my daughters have been behaving like cat and dog towards each other lately. Maybe you could talk to Escape, and ask her to be more lenient towards her sister. I mean she is the older one, so she should be more tolerant.", Lilliputt explained.
        "Oh, sure, I will talk to Escape as soon as possible.", Darknight tried to speak in his usual voice, and give the impression of being unconcerned. But it was not easy for him to look into Lilliputts eyes when he pronounced the cats name.

Meanwhile, Mystery entered the Secret Basement, changed clothes, and tried to beam up the clone. Unfortunately the cave was shielded, and her device didn't work. She decided to send the clone into her room, and the clone ran upstairs.
        Darknight returned to his room after a short while, and Mystery smiled at him: "What were we talking about?"

--------------------> To be continued

Comment

Doglover was standing in front of Mystery's room, when the clone arrived in pyjamas. The dog stared at it and exclaimed: "Have you gone completely crazy today?!? First you walk around in a black suit, and now made it even worse with your pyjama. What is wrong with you? Pyjamas at almost noon, pfffffffft!"
          The clone was so shocked that its short term memory was deleted within a few seconds. It forgot about the words of Mystery to go into her room, and not to open the door. It smiled at Doglover and asked: "Would you like to eat lunch with me? I'll quickly change my suit, and then we could go down to the bar.", and the dog agreed.

Darknight showed the pictures of Slurp Spider Island to Mystery, and reported her what he had observed. "Unfortunately I couldn't go too near, and so I wasn't able to see the details. But I think that BatCat could be somewhere in the fortress.", he explained, and Mystery nodded: "Yes, this is very probable. Hmmm... we could fly with my spaceship to the island and beam down to the fortress. But, unfortunately we have no idea how it looks inside. I'm not sure if we can handle this problem alone. I would suggest to inform the other loonies about the situation, and discuss with them possible plans."
          "No! No way! They will only cause troubles! You know them!", Darknight yelled, but Mystery made a strange grimace and replied: "Dear Perfect Friend. Remember when you tried to help us, and came back with a barrel, and then fell into the river? We had to save you. Don't tell me that you don't cause trouble sometimes.", and the hero blushed, and looked at the floor. The alien asked: "Do you agree to gather together here, and discuss the problem?", but Darknight still wasn't happy about this idea. So Mystery told him to think it over, and call her again when he had made a decision. She went up to her room, and changed clothes. She felt hungry, so she decided to go to the bar and eat lunch there. But first she wanted to meditate for a short while to be able to meet her friends without making the impression of being nervous. When she felt strong enough to face the loonies at the bar, she walked down the stairs. Suddenly she stopped, turned around, and ran back to her room. "OMB, where is my clone?!?", she thought. She looked everywhere in the room, but wasn't able to find it. She asked her hubby if he had beamed it up, but the answer was no. The alien felt that she needed a Tmani Juice.

Darknight sighed, and was unable to make a decision. He knew that all his friends were ready to put their lives in danger to save BatCat. He also knew, that the group had made a very good job in many dangerous situations so far. However, he also remembered how much chaos the loonies could cause, when they were on a mission. He was very worried about BatCat, and he wanted to do the best. He finally decided to visit Lilliputt and Mystery first. And he also needed a drink. He left the bat cave and entered the bar. He ordered a carrot whiskey, looked around, and saw Mystery and Lilliputt. He observed that Mystery was discussing about bikes with Doglover, and Lilliputt was talking with Becky, OneBun, and Murph. He quickly emptied his glass, and said to the group: "Hi my friends. I have to talk with Lilliputt and Mystery for a short while. We could go over to the library.", and he walked out of the bar, followed by the two loonies.

Comment

When Mystery entered the bar, her friends stared at her with eyes open wide. Murph asked: "How did you do that?!?" Mystery ran some data to figure out what this question might be pointed to, and came to the result, that the most probable explanation would be, that her clone had been here just before her. So she replied: "Ah, you mean the change of clothes? Well, that's just a matter of beaming. Nothing special." The tiger seemed to be amazed and wanted to know: "Oh, then you have shown this trick to Darknight and Lilli?", and Mystery nodded, and thought to herself: <<Okay, it seems that Darknight has been here, and went away with Lilli and my clone. All I have to figure out now is where they are. But first I need something to eat and a Tmani Juice. However, I can't risk that they come back, and I'm still here>> "Can I have some popcorn and a Tmani Juice, please?", she turned to Ana and then continued: "Well, I need to go back again, you know where you can find me if you need me.", and the group nodded. "Just to make sure that your memory is working fine: Where can you find me?", Mystery asked, and felt very intelligent. Doglover said with a bright smile: "At the library!", and the alien replied: "Very good, Doglover, you have an excellent memory." The dog felt very proud of herself, and smiled at her friends. Mystery took her popcorn and her Tmani Juice, and went up to her room, while quickly eating some popcorn.
            When she arrived in her room, she contacted her hubby and asked him to beam up the clone, and gave the coordinates of the library for a better localization. After he confirmed that the clone had arrived on the spaceship, she walked down into the library and entered. Lilliputt and Darknight stared at her, but Mystery told them what she had prepared to say: "I'm sorry, we had an emergency on the ship. Hyper sat on the head of one of the clones, and it got very scared and started to run around in circles. Hyper becames also very scared and started to yell and scream. By this, the clone was so shocked that it ran even faster and started to shake its head. Things have escalated, and so hubby beamed me up to help him to stop this madness. I'm really sorry. But don't worry, Everything is under control now. I just had to change clothes due to the incident."
            Darknight smiled at the alien and explained: "Well, as I told you before, I needed some information about both decision taking processes, the Eenie Meenie one, and the probability analysis one. While you have been away, Lilliputt explained me her way, and now I would like to know more about probability calculation." Lilliputt suddenly felt the urge to leave the library, since she had no nerves to listen to all the computer gibberish that would follow now. So she apologized, and told that she had some very important work thingy to do. She hugged the hero and the alien, and felt very relieved when she left the library, and went back to the bar.

Comment

Mystery, usually known as logical and calm with the exception of some tomato throwing issues, got very impatient, and said to the hero: "Dear Perfect Friend. You have told yourself, that we have a very serious emergency. And now, instead of saving BatCat, you just waste precious time. How on GamersHood Planet did you get the idea of learning probability analysis just at this moment?", and she shook her head in disapproval. But Darknight exclaimed: "I know! And what I do, is connected to the emergency! I really want to take the best decision, and for this, I need to use the known methods. That's why I would like to learn both: Eenie Meenie, and probability calculation.", and he felt misunderstood.
              Mystery explained him, that the probability that the two methods would give different results was at 80% with a very small error probability, and that using both methods would just confused him more. Darknight looked at the alien with sad eyes, and had to agree with her. He felt that there was really no time to loose, but still wasn't sure if they should share the bad news with their friends or not. Mystery saw that the bat struggled with the decision, and quickly ran some data. "Okay, if you don't feel well about telling the news to the others, I suggest the following: We try to do something first, and if we see that it won't work, we'll have the backup plan of sharing the information with our friends, and let them help us. How about this?" Darknight agreed, and suggested to Mystery to fly to Slurp Spider Island, and to beam him down into the fortress as a scout. Then he would give a signal to her to beam him up, and they would make an exact plan." Darknight and Mystery finally found a first step that they agreed upon. They flew to the island, and Mystery beamed down Darknight. Unfortunately the thick spider web did not let the beam rays through, and so Darknight landed on it. He immediately got stuck in the web, and since he tried to free himself desperately, the web began to vibrate, and the spider solders were alerted.

Meanwhile Doglover, Lilliputt, lili, Murph, and OneBun, who were still discussing at the bar, started to worry about Escape. Doglover and Lilliputt had tried to reach her, but she didn't answer the phone, nor did she open her door. "Did you knock at it and called her?", OneBun wanted to know. Lilliputt explained that they had been calling, but not very loud, because they were afraid of another shocking incident with Slimy Jim. But everbunny agreed that they had not seen Escape the whole day, and that this was very unusual. They also remembered that some strange things had happened since the morning: Mystery in a black suit, Mystery in her pyjama, her strange explanations etc. And Lilliputt added: "Yes, and the fact that her hubby wasn't able to manage family issues, and just beamed her up from the library with no warning.", she glanced and Doglover and finished with "Pfffffffft.", which made her daughter very happy.
              "But she came here, explained that she had shown a clothes changing beaming trick to you and Darknight, ordered popcorn and her alienish juice, and then said that she would go back to the library." lili explained, and suddenly felt dizzy, although she was sure that she had not have any drinks yet. Murph stood up, looked around and said what the most loonies were thinking: "I smell that there is something wrong. We have to find out what is going on here."

---------------------> To be continued
              Last edited by Mistery; 12-09-2006, 22:18:19.

Comment

The group at the bar agreed to call all the members of the Looney Bin together, and decide what to do. Finally they managed to reach everybunny except Escape, Darknight and Mystery. They decided that they would start without them, but left for every of them a message about the meeting. Now that they had gathered together, they had to choose somebunny who would inform the others. Murph and Lilliputt had some argument about this, but finally it was the tiger who was allowed to speak first:
                "Dear members of the Looney Bin. Since this morning we have observed many strange things that were going on. And the fact that Escape has not been seen yet today, makes us feel worried. Darknight and Mystery have behaved very weird in many aspects, and I would like to tell you a bit more about these things, before we can discuss what to do. ......"

Darknight suddenly became aware of the possible consequences of moving around too much in a spider web. He remembered that he still had a thin invisibility cloak wrapped around his belt for emergency. He managed to free one of his hands, and to grab the cloak. He needed a moment to unwrap it, and just in time before the spider soldiers arrived, he was able to cover himself. He didn't move, and concentrated very hard not to make any sound, and hoped that it wasn't too late yet.

Meanwhile Murph had finished her talk and some other loonies had given some additional information. The members of the Looney Bin were in deep thoughts, but could not really find an explanation for the things that had happened earlier that day. They only felt that there was something really wrong. Slimy Jim broke the silence: "We have to search the rooms of the missing members. We will knock at their doors, and if they don't open, we will have to break the doors. There might be some useful information or traces. Or are there any duplicate keys around for the rooms at the hotel?" The loonies shook their heads. No, there were no duplicate keys. Freakshow mentioned that the doors were probably very hard to break, and suggested to use dynamite instead. However, this idea was rejected after some agitated discussions. But everybunny had to admit that taking a look at the rooms was not a bad idea, additionally Lilliputt proposed to make a search in the library. They split up in 4 groups: One group would try to open the bat cave, one would search Escape's room, the third group went up to Mystery's room, and the last group walked to the library to see if there was anything to find.

Darknight felt that the spider web was moving very slightly, and heard the soldiers talking with eath other in slurping sounds. SLUUURP! SLRP, SLRP, SLURPPP! The voices came from very near, and the hero closed his eyes and did not dare to breathe. Finally the spiders slowly went away, and after a while the web stopped moving.
                Mystery had watched the scene from above, and was hoping that everything went well and that Darknight would not be detected by the slurp spiders. After the soldiers disappeared, she tried to beam up the hero. She pointed the beaming rays on the place where the hero had been before, but it didn't work. The spider web seemed to be too sticky.

-----------------------> To be continued

Comment

Mystery figured the teasing comments that would be made by some loonies on the hero stuck on a spiderweb, therefore she decided not to go over to the backup plan yet. She knew that she couldn't do anything for Darknight at the moment, and directed her ship to Sky Island.

OneBun, Sir Theme, Adventure, Hyper, and BeanMan went down to the Secret Basement. Its door seemed to be very solid. Sir Theme suggested to melt a hole in it and climb through it. But Adventure was not very fond of such brutal methods, and tried to look for a tiny hole that she could fly through, and then be able to open the door from the inside. She discovered indeed a very small crack in the wall, and was able to look through it. She let the others know about her idea, and they agreed. Adventure flew around the small hole, and tried to figure out the best angle to enter the wall to be able to fly through it, because it was very small. She decided to fly to the wall in a high speed, then to close her wings to make herself thin, and to glide through the tunnel in the wall. But just before the moment that her head came out on the other side, her speed became too slow, and she got stuck. She yelled into the cave: "Heeeeeeelp, I'm stuuuuuuck!!!", but nobunny replied. In the first moment, she was full of panic, but then she imagined her body being stuck in the wall and her head sticking out of it, and she started to laugh. She laughed more and more, unfortunately there was no space left for ROFLing. OneBun started to worry that the door was still not open and yelled: "Aaaadveeeentuuuure!!! Aaaaare yooouuuu ooookaaaayyyy????", but suddenly her long ears detected something. She told the others to be quiet, and leaned her right ear against the door. There was some very low and strange noise to hear, but the room was - like all the rooms at the hotel - soundproof. Sir Theme decided that they should try to look through the hole, but since the crack in the wall was located high, he planned to transform himself into a bird. As soon as he arrived at the hole, he noticed that he could not look through it. "The hole is blocked by something... Or .... somebunny.", and he looked down on the others, who suddenly froze and stared at the bird. The bunny asked: "You mean... Adventure is stuck in the wall?!?", and the bird answered, that it seemed so. Sir Theme landed on the floor again and transformed back to his robot shape. What should they do now? They agreed that they had to save Adventure first, and for this, they would have to stand on each others shoulder, and the looney in the highest position should try to free the butterfly by using a stick very carefully. The best order would be if Sir Theme stood on the floor, then OneBun would jump on his shoulders, then BeanMan would follow, and Hyper climb on the top. They did as they had planned, and Hyper reached into the hole with a thin stick. "Be very careful!", the bunny called, and Hyper reassured her that he would pay attention.
                  Suddenly Adventure felt as she had been pushed at her backside, and felt panic again, but could not stop laughing hysterically. Hyper heard the noise and stuck his ears against the hole: "I think she likes it, she's laughing.", he said with a big grin, but the others were sure that this was not the case. Finally Hyper managed to push Adventure slowly into the cave, and she opened her wings and landed safely on the floor. She then lifted up again, and flew against the button next to the door, and the bat cave was open.

-------------> To be continued

Comment

In the meantime, the second group consisting of Bread, Freakshow, lili, Lilliputt, and Slimy Jim, arrived at Escape's door, and started to knock at it. "Escape, open the doooooooor!", they yelled, but nothing happened. Bread told about his idea of breaking the door using a battering ram like he had seen in a lot of movies. "How? And where do we take a battering ram from?", the group wanted to know, and Bread explained that they could use a tree trunk from the pile of wood next to the hotel. The lilies were not very fond of this idea, while Freakshow and Slimy Jim got very excited about it. Since lili and Lilliputt didn't have any better plans to offer, they had to live with the decision to use a tree trunk.
                    Bread, Freakshow and Slimy Jim went outside, and chose the best tree trunk from the pile. It was very heavy, and so they groaned while carrying it through the hotel to Escape's room. They had to pause for breath, then Slimy Jim told them to lift it up together and swing it. He gave the rhythm by repeating HEEEEY HOOOO HEEEEY HOOOO, and the group started to swing the log. Their action was accompanied by a loud banging sound, everytime that the tree trunk hit the door. Lili and the Carrot Islander had to give up after a short while, because the log was much too heavy for them. The rest of the group continued, and with a last huge effort, they managed to make a hole in the door. They put the log on the floor, and since they lost all their energy, all of a sudden they fell over. Lilliputt quickly stepped to them and offered some carrots to re-energize them, and lili climbed through the hole into Escape's room, and started to search for any useful information.

In the meantime, the third group arrived at the library. Bige, Crazy, Doglover, Hollandgirl, and Zox entered the big room with many shelves full of books, groups of desks surrounded by chairs, and a big blue sofa. They started their search at different places in the room. Crazy had not yet visited the library, and she was amazed by the number of books. She began to look through the shelves. Doglover tried to localize cat odor, and followed the tracks with her nose on the floor. Crazy found a shelf full of recipe books, and started to study the recipes for cakes. "Wow, so many new cakes that I will have to try!", she exclaimed, and Zox went to her, and explained: "Honey, we are here to find some information about our missing friends. You can take a look at the recipes lat...", but in this moment he disappeared. Crazy stared at the spot where Zox had been and began to scream: "Zox? Zooooooooooox! OMB, heeeeelp!!!" The rest of the group joined her immediately, and froze. Where had Zox gone all of a sudden? Bige stood there with eyes open wide while Crazy continued screaming and crying. Doglover and Hollandgirl hugged her, and tried to calm her down.

----------------> To be continued

Comment

Dazed, Becky, Maniac, Murph, and Vault went up to the door of the alien. The wolf and the tiger quickly glanced at each other, and began to scratch at the door with their strong claws. Vault wanted to help somehow, and decided to do the same using his sword. Dazed and Maniac stood there, and had no idea how they could be of service, but then started to encourage their three friends and yelled: "Very good! Good job! Keep on! Don't loose your energy! It's almost done! Just a little more! Don't give up!" etc.
                      After a while Becky's tongue was sticking out of her mouth, and she was hardly able to breathe. She turned to Dazed, and asked her to get them something to drink. She continued scratching, and so far the three friends had already managed to remove 3 cm of the door. Dazed ran down into the bar, filled a bucket with carrot juice, and grabbed some mugs. Maniac kept on motivating his friends. When Dazed returned, Becky, Murph and Vault filled their mugs a couple of times, and drank as if they hadn't got any fluid since one week.
                      Maniac explained: "Well, if you had done polyphasic sleeping like I use to do, you would have much more energy now.", and the rest of the group looked at him angrily. "Okay, then show us how much you can do!", and Maniac started to jump against the door over and over again. He immediately noticed that this technique might not be very successful, but since he had no alternative ideas, he was determined to prove his friends that polyphasic sleeping was very effective.
                      Becky and Murph rolled their eyes, and shook their heads simultaneously. Dazed joined in, and Vault observed them full of fascination. Maniac didn't realize anything that was going on around him. He was busy jumping against the door, and trying to think of a better method.
                      After a while Maniac felt pain all over his body because he had hit the door so many times, and got very angry: "Hey, why is it that we always have to drudge and work ourselves to death, while Mystery just takes a device from her belt, pushes a button, and everything is done?!? Thaaaaaat's noooooot faaaaiiiiir!!!! Hear me, Mystery?!?", and he kept on jumping against the door.
                      The rest of the group grabbed him, and tried to prevent him from going completely mad. They needed all their energy left to hold back Maniac, and to calm him down. Dazed agreed to take care of him, and the rest of the group took up their work at the door again. Finally they managed to scratch a crack in the door, and Vault enlarged it by using his sword, until it was big enough for them to be able to climb through it.

--------------> To be continued

Comment

Zox was very vonfused and stared at Mystery: "Why did you do that?" They were standing in the office of the spaceship company on Sky Island, and Mystery apologized: "I'm sorry that I had to beam you here, but I have to talk to you about business." Zox sat down at the table and asked Mystery to take a seat. Mystery began to talk: "Well, we haven't sold many ships lately, and I was thinking to make some improvements to activate our trading. We have some competitors, and therefore I thought about enhancing the beaming power of our ships."
                        Zox listened carefully, and thought about it. Finally he replied: "Yes, I think it is absolutely necessary to make some improvements. I was poring over this problem myself but had no really good ideas so far. But, yes, enhancing the beaming power sounds good!", and he smiled at the alien. Mystery continued: "Very good! Hmmm, you are a very good spaceship engineer, and I wanted to hear your ideas about the technical aspects. How could we reach a lot more of beaming power within a short time?" Zox took out some plans of spaceships, prepared some coffee for both, sat down again, and began to explain his ideas.

The groups in Mystery's room, in Escapes room, and in the library had not found anything useful, and so they walked down to the bat cave to join the last group. Adventure, BeanMan, Hyper, OneBun and Sir Theme were looking at some pictures that were lying on the table, and made a very worried impression on their friends, who had just entered the basement. They reported that they hadn't found anything useful, and wanted to know what their five friends were looking at. OneBun explained them, that they had found a letter with horrible news, and read the lines aloud to update her friends. "My Zox has disappeared!!!", Crazy cried, and broke down. Lilliputt immediately rushed to her, and gave her some carrots and hugged her gently. "Don't worry little squirrel, we will find him soon. I'm sure that he is okay.", and handed her a tissue. Murph got very alerted, and wanted to hear exactly what had happened in the library. Crazy wasn't able to speak, so Doglover gave a report on what had happened. OneBun was taking notes of everything that she had missed, then jumped on the batmobile, turned to the group and gave a summary on the currently known facts. ".... and Darknight and Mystery probably went to save her.", she ended her overview, arranged her notes, and glanced at her audience. Crazy whined: "And they killed Zox.", but OneBun said: "No, I don't think so. He just disappeared all of a sudden, right?", and Crazy nodded with tears in her eyes. The bunny continued: "Slurp spiders are not able to make a looney simply disappear." "But if they had used an invisibility cloak?", Becky asked, and the bunny had to admit that this was possible. However she added that it was not sure yet if the spiders had anything to do with Zox' disappearance.

----------------------> To be continued
                        Last edited by Mistery; 12-11-2006, 11:54:41.

Comment

Zox finished his explanations, then leaned back, and looked straight into Mystery's eyes: "Okay, I have given you my ideas. But now, let me ask you something. What is going on with Escape, Darknight and you? Escape has not been seen the whole day, and Darknight and you have been talking all the time about some secret things. I don't believe you that it was just about Batish culture! We have even searched for the three of you!", and the alien tried to make the impression of being calm: "Oh, that! Yes, we... we are preparing some surprise, but I can't tell you more about it. It wouldn't be a surprise anymore, correct?", and tried to smile innocently. Zox had to agree with that, but before he could reply, Mystery said: "Sorry, I have to go now, see you later.", and was gone.

There was a chaos in the bat cave, because everybunny wanted to share their ideas and plans with the others, but nobunny was listening to each other. OneBun's delicate ears started to hurt, so she decided to take an action. She plugged carrots into her ears, jumped into the batmobile, and pushed the alarm button. There was a terribly loud sound, and the loonies ran out of the cave yelling and screaming of shock. Hyper, Becky and Murph rushed outside, and started to dig a deep hole, while the other loonies tried to help them in their own way.
                          OneBun stood there in the empty basement, and was very astonished. <<What was this?>> she asked herself, and started to nibble on a carrot to be able to figure out what had happened. She was almost sure that she had to do with the latest developments, but could not find any explanations. Of course, with carrots plugged into her ears, she wasn't aware of the fact, that the alarm had been very loud. She decided to look for her friends, and was hopping through the hotel for a while. Since she had not been able to find the loonies, she then decided to go and look outside aswell. She arrived in front of the hotel, but everything was silent, and nobunny was to be seen.

The loonies were sitting in the hole, and holding up branches with leaves and small bushes to hide the hole from possible attackers. They still felt shocked, but also very tired from the recent adventures. Sir Theme was determined to take a look what was going on outside, but Doglover and Lilliputt held him back. "No, don't go, wait some more time.", they whispered. The robot was very curious, and so he decided to transform himself into a snake, and to have a quick glance. He slowly crept out of the hole, and looked around. He saw OneBun standing around nearby, she seemed to be in deep thoughts. He decided to return into the hole and to tell his friends that there seemed to be no danger outside. But suddenly somebunny yelled: "Aaaaaah, a snaaaake!!!!", and he felt that something hit him. He tried to get out but he wasn't able to come any further, because Freakshow grabbed his end and pulled him down.
                          The bunny heard some voices, and curiously hopped to the bushes and strange plants that were arranged in a circular shape. She was sure that she had never seen such an arrangement in the garden of the hotel before, and felt that she had to update her notes with the new facts that she had just discovered.

-----------------------> To be continued

Comment

Darknight was lying on the spiderweb, and waited until the soldiers left again. He was confident, that Mystery would beam him up as soon as the spiders disappeared. He waited patiently, and waited and waited, but nothing happened. After a while his toes and fingertips became numb. No, lying around and not moving was definitely not the heros thing, he loved action and dangerous missions. But, in this situation he was sure that he could not do anything against the spiders if they detected him. How much time had elapsed meanwhile? Although he had a watch, he wasn't able to push the light button on it with his only free hand. He decided to take it off by using his teeth, and finally managed to take it in his free hand and push the light button with his thumb.
                            <<One hour. One hour has gone by. Mystery, you are not my Perfect Friend anymore. You are now only my Erfect Friend. And every hour that you leave me here, there will be one letter less. So you might become my Etc Friend, later my Friend, and finally my End. Hmmm, yes End is really the end, after so many hours I won't have much chance to see you again, nor to take any action in my situation.>>
                            At this thought, he felt mixed emotions, he was sad, angry, and desperate at the same time, but also amused about his own word play.
                            After a couple of hours, when Mystery had become a T Friend, and when Darknights whole body felt numb, he felt a strong pulling energy, and suddenly stood in front of the alien. As Mystery saw that he was about to fall over, she quickly put a comfortable armchair behind him, and he sat down.
                            "Dear T Friend, why did it take you so long? I felt completely paralyzed down there.", he said with a reproachful voice.", and Mystery looked at him vonfused: "T Friend? Did you loose some letters in the sticky web?" But Darknight explained how her title had become shorter with every hour.
                            The alien told him about the work on the enhancement of the beaming power, that had taken a couple of hours, and apologized. Then she asked if he was ready to be beamed down again, this time with much more energy. "Are you sure that you can beam me through the sticky spiderweb?", the hero wanted to know, and Mystery explained that according to her probability analysis, the chance to get him trough it was at 95.4526174 % with a very low error rate of .521362 %. "Does that mean that I have a good chance of 95%?", and the alien nodded, but added: "We have to find a way to keep in touch. I'm not sure if the fortress is shielded, so we can't rely on my devices. On the other hand, I'm not sure what kind of alternative communication method we could use.
                            Darknight said with a bright smile: "If I were your baby son, we could use smoke signal", and started to laugh. An idea rushed into Mystery's mind: "Why can't we get some help of our friends?", but Darknight had some objections: "Should we burn down the fortress? BatCat would die! Should we send messengers and let them get stuck in the spiderweb? No, no, and no!" However Mystery didn't agree to beam the bat down before they had found a good functioning method to stay in contact.

------------------------> To be continued

Comment

OneBun took some notes on the new features in the garden in front of GH Hotel, and then heard some noise - but she didn't realize that the carrots were still plugged into her ears. She examined the plants a little more.

Lili noticed that the snake was her brother, and she started to yell at Freakshow to let her brother go. She wrapped her lilish body around Freakshow's wrists, and pulled as much as she could, but without any success. Then she turned into her ceramic figurine shape, and hit his fingers. "Ouch!!!", the looney pulled back his hand, and let the snake go. Sir Theme immediately transformed himself to his robot shape, and started to yell at Freakshow: "You hurt me! What on GamersHood Planet was this?!? I thought we treated any kind of species on our Planet with respect. Well... with the spiders and the worms we have to take care. But... snakes?!? And didn't you notice my metallic shine?!? Hrmpf!", and having said that, he climbed out of the hole and joined OneBun. The rest of the hidden group put the bushes and other plants and branches on the ground, and left the hole aswell.
                              The bunny stared at the changes in the landscape in front of her, and dropped her notes. "What was that? And why did you leave me alooney in the cave? Are you preparing some performance for our Christmas day?" All of a sudden everybunny started to explain what had happened, but OneBun could hardly hear anything, and yelled: "Caaaan yoooouuu taaalk loooouuuudeeer???", and Lilliputt discovered the carrots in her ears, and took them out. "Better dear friend?", she asked. The bunny nodded and yelled once more: "Siiiiileeeneence pleeeeeaaaassssseeee!!!!", and when everybunny grew silent, she continued: "I can't understand a thing if everybunny is talking.", and she asked Becky to explain her what was going on. The wolf informed OneBun about the latest developments, and OneBun started to ROFL, when she realized that all this action with the hole and the plants was caused by her.
                              After a short while the bunny stopped laughing and rolling, and stood up. Murph and Becky turned to her, and explained that they needed a plan as soon as possible. Escape had been BUNnapped, and the alien was on her way to save her with the help of Darknight. "But we have to rescue my Zooooox!", Crazy said, and looked at them with tears in her eyes. Becky suggested to go to Sky Island by boats, and then to take a good spaceship from there to the Slurp Spider Island. The only question was, who was able to fly the ship. But the group decided to think about that later.
                              Everybunny ran to the boat station, and they climbed into 4 of the boats. The loonies at the front of the ship pushed the buttons, and the boats were slowly lowered until they touched the surface of the Sea of Knowledge. They untied the ropes then, and started to paddle as fast as they could. If one of the loonies got tired, they changed places. The boats had a quite amazing speed, because the friends were determined to reach Sky Island in record time.

------------------------> To be continued

Comment

Working...
                              X